I'm trying something a little different for this blog by writing it in list form. This won't become the norm, I just needed to get all of these thoughts on paper so that I didn't forget them.
Things that happened this weekend:
1) I finished more scripts for Victorian Cut-out Theatre enabling me to make sure these new episodes are really pristine. I laughed while writing them which doesn't necessarily mean they will be good, but it's usually a good indicator that I'm enjoying myself. Hopefully my joy rubs off on you guys.
2) My wife and I emptied more of my storage unit. If you read an earlier blog of mine, you may remember what an ordeal this was for me. It's gotten much much better, and I should be completely free of the place by the end of the month. Yay! No more needless bills to pay!
3) My wife and I have also been waging a war on an ant colony that has made there way into our house. This colony has sent in both foot soldiers and flying scouts, which is really unsettling. Even more unsettling though, is the amount and variety of poisons my wife has purchased to deal with the matter. Stay tuned.
4) I began animating more episodes of VCoT you can see a character test in the picture above. This is one I've been working on for the past six months, and until recently hasn't felt right. Finally, this past week, I've finally cracked it. And, yes that is the Frankenstein monster.
5) I'm late to the party, but I finally have buckled down and started watching Warehouse 13. The blend of light-hearted, high adventure with fantastic objects, has really started to grow on me. The color palette, everything seems really, well...cool. My growing enjoyment of the show lead me to search out, and purchase this app. Surprisingly, it is actually a practical communication device in the same vein as heytell. I firmly believe everyone should communicate through old-timey, steampunk tech, which is why I'll be working hard to sell this idea to my friends in much the same way I've been hawking Zombies, Run!. There will no doubt be those who resist this way of thinking. They will learn (he said staring ruefully out of the window of his steam-powered airship).
6) I hate moving, but I'll be happy to have more room. Right now, there are more boxes in my living room than in the warehouse at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark
7) This is perhaps the most important item on the list. My wife has a video interview for a library position this week. This sounds like the ideal job for her, she adores books and helping people find reading material. She seeks knowledge in all of her endeavors and this could be an excellent stepping stone to finding more upward mobility and challenges in her professional life. Her getting this job would also help me to achieve my personal goal of making love to a hot librarian. If you guys could send good vibes our way, we both would really appreciate it.
That's it for now, hope everyone has a good Monday and pleasant rest of the week.